- Name: Daniel Shieldswright
- Nickname: Frithjofn (Old Norse for "Peace Thief")
- Age: 27
- Sex: Male
- Birthplace: A small farm in southern Westfall.
- Guild/Orders: The League of the Righteous, The Theramore Marines
- Family: None living
- Frith was raised on the same values as many humans. He believes in honor, courage, self sacrifice and loyalty. With those ideals set deeply in his mind, Frith remains a reserved person, rather unaffected by death. In an argument Frith will champion his cause with such fervor that only the most stubborn could stand against the weight of his opinion. Frithjofr is characterized by strenght and unwavering faith in his values, he believes that all those who break the law should be punished. (Lawful-Good alignment) Frith knows that there is a bit of good in every person, no matter how small and because he refuses to accept anyone as a true 'lost cause' he can be too trusting at times.
- Although death had little effect on Frith's outlook on life, it does change his behavior some. Each presence brings out a different side of Frith, in blood presence he is quick to anger and much more aggressive, ready to attack at a moment's notice. In frost presence he is reserved, cold and calculating, more willing to study his opponet than lunge in for the attack. In unholy presence Frith feels rushed, uncomfortable, he's quite active physically in this presence but much slower mentally.
- Frith is of average height but is built much larger than most men. His service in the military left him surprisingly intact, spare for several small scars on his arms. His skin is a dark tan, preserved eternally by the touch of death. His long, messy black hair falls as a perfect compliment to the skin. Even through the ever-present glow of death that enshrouds his eyes, his true eye color prevails. The deep green of his eyes draws great irony, as it symbolizes life and peace. His armor is heavy, dented and in places punctured, its color varies from rusted brown to a very dark red. Symbols of Blood, Frost and the many symbols of the Unholy are sunk deep into his chest plate and the blades of his weapons.
Physical Characteristics Edit
- Height: 5ft 9in.
- Weight: 140 lb.
- Build: Lean muscle, athletic.
- Skin: Dark tan (Native American like)
- Hair: Pitch black.
- Eyes: Dark green, with a glowing blue aura.
- Tattoos/Scars?: Several small scars on his right forearm and one small scar on his left hand.
- Glasses/Contacts?: No.
- Left/Right handed?: Left.
- Distinguishing features: His eyes and sheer size, as well as his deep booming voice.
- How does s/he dress: Very heavy armor, but loose fitting clothes otherwise.
- Jewelry: A small golden anchor necklace.
- Other accessories: Several glowing runes on his chest plate.
- Mannerisms: Carries himself with pride, excellent posture.
- Health: Technically deceased, otherwise perfect health.
- Speech Patterns: No strong accent, but a strong tendency to stop mid sentence.
- Voice: Very deep voice, with a fading echo.
- Style (Elegant, shabby, etc): Working-Class
Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes and Attitudes Edit
- Intelligence Level: Average, but very fast reactions.
- Known Languages: Common, Orcish taunts and conversational Darnassian.
- Character's long-term goals/desires in life: Destroy the scourge.
- Character's short-term goals/desires in life: Destroy the scourge.
- How self-confident is the character?: Very.
- How does Character see him/herself?: A weapon granted by the Light to bring retribution.
- How does Character believe s/he is perceived by others?: As a guardian, respected. Feared by the agents of the scourge.
- How does Character express themself?: Words and actions, but it's been said his actions speak louder than his words.
- Is this character generally dominant or submissive?: Dominant.
- Patience level: Very little patience for excuses and lies.
- Does the character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination thereof?: Dependant upon his presence and the given situation. Blood: Emotions, Frost: Logic, Unholy: Emotions.
- How does the character view life?: Good while it lasts.
- How does the character view death?: A new chance.
- Most at ease when: Celebrating victory over his adversaries.
- Ill at ease when: He his preparing for battle.
- Describe their sense of humor: Very good sense of humor, picks up on most jokes.
- Character/Personality/Mental/Social Strengths: Strong will, always willing to help those weaker than himself, calm when others panic, extremely loyal.
- Character/Personality/Mental/Social Flaws: Sometimes a bit quick to judge, generally mistrusting of other death knights, sometimes quick to anger.
- Biggest Vulnerability (non physical): Too trusting of most people.
- Optimist or Pessimist: Optimistic.
- Introvert or extrovert: Extrovered.
- Greatest Fear: Failure.
- Other Fears/Insecurities/Phobias: Indecision, being caught between logic and emotion.
- Peculiarities: When he's in unholy presence, he becomes a rambling lunatic.
- Biggest regret: Abandoning his homeland to seek vengeance.
- Biggest accomplishment: Learning to master death.
- Minor accomplishments: Joining the Theramore Marines.
- Musical talents/instruments: Singing.
- Secret desires: Be reinstated into the Theramore Marines
- Character's darkest secret: His failures while living lead to the deaths of several fellow Marines who had been placed under his command.
- Minor Secrets: Has made friends with several Orcs.
- Likes: Battle, armor, running, eating and telling jokes.
- Dislikes: Cowards, liars, thieves and cooked vegetables.
- Color: Green
- Clothing: Loose, but presentable.
- Place: Valiance Keep
- Food: Roasted Worg
- Music: Marching music
- Song: N/A.
- Book: The Art of War.
- Historical figure: Darion Mograine.
- Animal: Bear
- Simple Pleasures: The night sky
- Greater Pleasures: Sitting around a camp fire with friends telling stories.
- Most prized possession: His small anchor necklace.
- Why?: It is a symbol of the Theramore Marines he wears at all times.
Emotional Characteristics Edit
- Describe character's sense of morals: Always do what is right, because it is right.
- Describe character's etiquette: Very blunt.
- How does this character act in public?: A very proud person, good posture.
- How does this character act at home?: Relaxed.
- How has this character most changed from childhood?: His ideals of the world have changed from the idea of a good world to a corrupt world almost beyond salvaging.
- How have they remained the same?: He still has the same values.
- What does the character want out of life?: Vengeance.
- What would the character like to change in his/her life?: All his failures.
- What motivates this character?: The drive to protect others by destroying the scourge.
- Why?: He feels that he was born to protect others, then granted a renewed life to continue his work.
- What discourages this character?: Nothing, every setback renews his hope.
- Why?: He realizes it will take something greater to stop him.
- What most describes this character's personality?: Determined.
Spiritual Characteristics Edit
- Does the character believe in a god or goddess?: Yes
- What are the character's spiritual beliefs?: He believes that the Light is just as vengeful as he has become.
- Is religion or spirituality a part of this character's life?: Yes
- If so, what role does it play?: He prays before larger battles, asking for strength.
- Superstitions: Bad luck, good luck.
Frithjofr was born in Westfall and was no stranger to hard work that most people would have shied away from. From the time he was a small child, the ideals of honor, loyalty, self sacrifice and honesty were pounded into his mind. His parents conditioned him for labor, teaching him proper work ethics as he grew. When he entered his teens his parents had Frith apprentenced out to a local miner who put Frith to work transporting the heavy minerals across Westfall. Growing large from his efforts, Frith was used more and more for heavy farmwork. When his mother or father needed a message delivered, they sent Frith running into town to deliver it and bring a response back. It was discovered that Frith could run further than the rest of the boys and cover rough ground faster than the other boys. Frith was employed as a messenger around Westfall and, for a short time, into Elwynn Forest.
As Frithjofr grew into adulthood he grew tired of the daily grind and lack of excitement. He took several days for himself and headed into Stormwind, where he met with a recruiter for the Theramore Marines. He was promised a life of excitement, challenges and a brotherhood unlike any other. He agreed. He was shipped out to Theramore on the next possible boat where he began his harsh training. Quickly his life of work paid off, allowing him to best the other recruits in almost every activity. The trainers took notice and he was granted command of a small raiding group within several months.
Frithjofr led his unit with compassion and understanding. He believed in striking quick and striking hard. When he was boaring an enemy vessel he would be the first on and last off, making sure all his men came out safe. When leading a raiding party into an Orc encampment he had the same standards. He was loyal to his men, and he expected nothing less in return.